Albus' Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.' - Albus Dumbledore

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homework and Grade Bulletion Board

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophia Granger
Head Girl of Gryffindor
Head Girl of Gryffindor
Sophia Granger

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Student ID
Description:

Homework and Grade Bulletion Board Empty
PostSubject: Homework and Grade Bulletion Board   Homework and Grade Bulletion Board EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

After each lesson I will post what you have for homework here, you have a week to finish your homework and post here saying your send your homework to me I will also post your grades here as well!

Your homework is to write me a essay over mandrakes, please be very detailed about it or I will take off points all the information about mandrakes are in the lesson we had all week!

Good luck and I hope everyoe passes!
Professor Blacknight
Back to top Go down
Betsy Parquette
Head of Slythrin
Head of Slythrin
Betsy Parquette

Female
Number of posts : 281
Location : Behind the ticklish pear portrait. And I think you know what I\'m doing there.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Homework and Grade Bulletion Board   Homework and Grade Bulletion Board EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Mandrakes- By Betsy Parquette

Mandrakes are plants that have bassically little people on the roots of them. Their roots have crazy healing powers. However, when you try to uproot them they try to kill you by their peircing scream. So remember to wear earmuffs when uprooting them. Mandragora, its a powerful resorative. It is essential in most antidotes, but its dangerous because of its cry. It is a little tufty plant, purplish green in color, and they look like muddy extremely ugly babies.
Mandrakes go through many stages of life, just like humans. They even get acne and through wild parties. (It says that in the second book.)
You can tell the difference between male and female mandrakes by the shape of their root. Female mandrakes are more powerfull because they are used in love potions and can make pregnate mothers healthy by placing it under her bed and feeding it two drops of blood. The root of a mandrake is formerly used especially to promote conception, as a cathartic, or as a narcotic and soporific.
Back to top Go down
Wickery Thicket
Head Boy of Ravenclaw
Head Boy of Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Homework and Grade Bulletion Board   Homework and Grade Bulletion Board EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Mandrake, or Mandragora, is a tuborous plant. Meaning the most useful part of it is a root that absorbs water. For the more simple minded people, it grows like a carrot, or potatoe. The Mandrakes are most effective for atidotes when they are in adulthood, feamales are good for Love potions when they are in their adolescent stage, and baby mandrakes are best when associated with pregnancies. When a mandrake screams, it has the potential to kill people who hear it. Be sure to cover your ears with somthing effective before uprooting. A woman mandrake has a curvature root shape, and the males have a braoder, stiffer root shape.
Basically, Mandrakes are an important part of the wizarding society.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Granger
Head Girl of Gryffindor
Head Girl of Gryffindor
Sophia Granger

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Student ID
Description:

PostSubject: Re: Homework and Grade Bulletion Board   Homework and Grade Bulletion Board EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Wickery Thicket= Outstanding excellent detail on mandrakes!
Betsy Parquette= Outstanding very detail on a mandrakes!

Excellent Job you I will award you two 5 points for extending lesson and doing your homework!

Professor Blacknight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homework and Grade Bulletion Board   Homework and Grade Bulletion Board Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework and Grade Bulletion Board
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Albus' Army :: Hogwarts :: Hogwarts Classes :: Herbology-
Jump to: